Teeth cleaning and stain removal
A good daily dental hygiene routine will ensure your teeth and gums are rid of the daily build-up of plaque and tartar whilst regular dental hygiene appointments remove the plaque and tartar in those harder-to-reach places to prevent cavities, bad breath and gum disease.
Gum disease and tooth decay is the most common global disease affecting every family. Over 80% of cavities occur inside pits and fissures on chewing surfaces where brushing cannot reach food left trapped after every meal or snack and saliva or fluoride have no access to neutralise acid and remineralise demineralised teeth.
Dental hygienist services
We provide dental hygiene appointments to fully clean your teeth and gums and advice on your daily dental hygiene routine.
Our dental hygiene appointments provide:
- Dental hygiene examination to look for any inflammation, bleeding and plaque or calculus build up.
- Scaling & polishing to remove all plaque and calculus with a variety of the latest equipment including the latest air polishing which fires a jet of air, water and sodium bicarbonate at your teeth to remove debris and polish away the surface stains
- Daily dental hygiene advice and routine to ensure you can maintain those areas visibly accessible on a day to day basis in between dental hygiene appointments and ensure long term problems caused by poor dental hygiene remain at bay.
- Your daily dental hygiene routine
Follow this simple routine for a perfect daily dental hygiene routine. Toothbrushes, mouthwash, flossing ribbon, interdental brushes and tongue scrapers are all available from our practice.
Brush your mouth morning and night, concentrating on all areas of your teeth and gums
BACK TO General Dentistry
- Use an electric toothbrush for maximum cleaning effect
- Use a good mouthwash after brushing to clean those harder to reach areas
- Daily use of floss and interdental brushes to remove plaque and tartar in between your teeth
- We recommend a tongue scraper to remove any debris on your tongue
- And of course a regular dental hygiene appointment with the Tooth Talk team